We are pleased to share with that this year’s University Life Gives Back Summer Day of Service is scheduled for Wednesday, July 27, 2022. We are excited to share we will be able to provide a combination of both in-person and virtual service projects in which to participate. A variety of service projects will be available for staff to choose and engage. This year’s day of service is flexible and will allow for staff to engage both virtual and in-person service opportunities. We realize schedules are complicated, so we have several service projects for staff to participate as able. Also, this year’s service projects are designed for family and friends to participate in as well! Service projects will be posted in early July.
Staff must RSVP for a service project (feel free to RSVP for more than one project) so we can track where our service and outreach is occurring. If you would like to participate in our UL Gives Back Social Media Campaign to capture our service efforts, please use #ULgivesback when posting and sharing photos.
As a result of participation in the 2022 University Life Summer Day of Service, staff will:
- Uphold University Life and George Mason University’s core values by giving back to the campus and community through service, volunteerism, and civic engagement.
- Recognize the value of an individual’s contribution to our community’s effort towards social change.
- Foster a holistic approach to service by recognizing the importance of educating ourselves in the following domains: social justice, pandemic-related issues, civic engagement, professional development, and well-being.
- Re-energize ourselves and re-connect with colleagues as we prepare for the academic year, including adjusting to new social norms.
- Encourage the continuation of virtual civic engagement opportunities for a post COVID-19 era.
We do ask that staff RSVP for a service project (feel free to RSVP for more than one project) so we can track where our service and outreach is occurring. If you would like to participate in our UL Gives Back Social Media Campaign to track our service, please use #ULgivesback when posting and sharing photos.
We hope you will be able to join us! For questions, please contact Amy Snyder, Director of Special Projects at firstname.lastname@example.org .